Ditch your plastic wireless speaker – it’s time you upgraded to the warm, rich sound of wood.
The Grain Audio PWS is one Bluetooth speaker that truly sounds as good as it looks. With a real walnut enclosure, a sound processor developed by Grammy® award-winning technicians, and a patented bass isolation system – you get full, natural sound – the way the artist intended.
WHY WE LOVE IT
We’re music lovers, always on the hunt for Bluetooth speakers and headphones that make our ears happy, and the PWS (stands for Packable Wireless System) from Grain Audio is our most recent find.
Fresh off a successful Kickstarter campaign, the Grain Audio guys have a love affair with acoustics (as you can see in the video above) like we’ve never seen before – and it shows in this product.
There’s no other way to say it – this speaker is just plain classy. Plus, we get to tell friends that our speakers “smell of rich mahogany” (even though it’s walnut).
- Warm, Clear Sound – FSC Certified natural walnut enclosure is not only ideal for superior acoustic performance, but also makes each speaker one-of-a-kind
- Professional Sound Processing – Award-winning MaxxAudio sound processing by Waves, recipient of a Technical Grammy® Award
- Patented “Bass Isolation System” – Prevents rattling and movement across any surface
- Bluetooth Connectivity – Bluetooth 3.0 with APT-X and AAC technology for sound that’s indistinguishable from a wired connection
- Listen Anywhere – Take it on the go with 8 hours of playtime on a single charge
“… a depth and clarity that makes plastic competitors sound, yes, plastic” – Wall Street Journal
“A gorgeous, one-of-a-kind Bluetooth speaker for $249? Don’t mind if I do.” – The New York Times
“…it’s refreshing to see a speaker as refined and as beautiful as the $250 Grain Audio PWS.” – Wired Magazine
“The Jambox — the category-definer, and up til now our favorite all-around Bluetooth speaker– sounded positively weak compared to the room-filling PWS.” – Cult of Mac
“Perhaps our favorite of the devices we sampled, think of the Grain Audio PWS as the indie darling of Bluetooth speakers… This speaker’s solid walnut wood paneling is classy as hell, and because the wood contains natural variations, no two units are the same.” – Maxim
“Listening to the speakers made me feel like the band was playing right in front of me. I’m thrilled to be involved with such a great product.” – Johnny Damon, Professional Baseball Player
“The simple fact is that products are only as good as what they accomplish, and with Bluetooth speakers that’s the quality and presence – aka volume – of the music they blast out. Grain’s Packable Wireless System, or PWS, isn’t short on either…” – Gear Hungry
- 7in x 2 3/8in x 3 1/8in (180mm x 60mm x 80mm)
- Bluetooth 3.0+A2DP with APT-X and AAC technology
- Award-winning MaxxAudio sound processing by Waves (recipient of a Technical GRAMMY award)
- 2 x 2” proprietary loudspeakers
- Proprietary passive radiator
- Rechargeable LiN battery with 8 hours playtime
- Patented Bass Isolation system
IN THE BOX
- One (1) Grain Audio PWS
- Documentation and brand book
- One (1) 5V AC adapter
- One (1) 36” USB cable
- One (1) 60” 3.5MM cable
- Carry Pouch
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links
Subscribe to the 9to5Toys YouTube Channel for all of the latest videos, reviews, and more!