CES 2018 has been an exciting one this year with crazy new displays, Alexa sound bars, connected luggage and headphones made of illegal gun metal. Another interesting product we spotted this year is the Cauldryn heated travel mug. Cauldryn has been on the scene with its battery laden portable water/coffee system since mid last year and is now ready to expand its next generation tumbler through 2018 with new accessories and add-ons.
This is essentially a modular insulated water bottle system with loads of interesting attachments including a battery, heating elements and more. Think a travel mug that can keep liquids at their original temperature for up to 10 hours, but also provide the ability to heat them to 4 preset temperatures: hot, extra hot, brewing and boiling. Needless to say, it’s easy to see how something like this could come in handy on hiking/camping trips or even just for your average commuter.
The rechargeable battery or Fyre heating element has the ability to boil the 16-ounce liquid capacity of the bottle twice on a single charge. That means hot soup, tea, or even brewing a cup of joe with the upcoming coffee attachments from anywhere. Additionally, the device can also run on traditional AC or DC power sources.
- Boil water from a rechargeable battery
- Keep your favorite hot beverage at your ideal temperature ALL DAY without the need to plug in (Boil and Brew mode cannot be maintained all day long from battery power)
- Boil, Brew, Extra Hot, and Hot modes
- Battery power allows for go anywhere mobility
- Vacuum insulation keeps liquids either hot or cold even without power
- Innovative two opening lid allows for sipping, or taking large drinks/pouring
- USB ports allow for charging your electronic devices
- Wire free drinking from AC Base
Speaking of add-on accessories, not only are we expecting to see coffee grinder and percolators, but also LED temperature sensors, night-lights, bug zappers and more. The folks at Cauldryn said those will be coming later this year along with Google Assistant support so you can communicate with the device using voice commands.
Cauldryn is available now starting from $69.99, but you’ll need to drop $129.99 for the model with the battery. The rest of the add-ons should be coming sometime in 2018.
Stay locked to Toys as the week rolls on for all the best announcements from CES 2018.
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links
Subscribe to the 9to5Toys YouTube Channel for all of the latest videos, reviews, and more!