While many of the large recreations of iconic vehicles from LEGO as of late have been additions to the company’s lineup of Technic sets, today LEGO will be reaching back into its tub of bricks to debut its new spy-themed sports car. In partnership with Aston Martin, LEGO is bringing 007’s famous ride into a nearly 1,300-piece Creator Expert set.
Packing all the bells and whistles you’d expect James Bond’s personalized car to carry in tow, you’ll find rotating license plates, hidden machine guns, ejector seats alongside tons of other spy gadgetry.
The new Aston Martin DB5 measures up to over 13-inches long and in order to pack all of its film-accurate details, is over four-inches wide as well. The DB5 itself was debuted back in 1963 and first stared in Goldfinger alongside making appearances in six other films to date. And while only just over 1,000 models of the sports car were produced, LEGO is bringing back the over 50 year old vehicle.
Looking inside the authentic replica you’ll find everything a fully decked-out interior including a hidden tracking computer and a concealed telephone and to ejector seats and more. Under the hood there’s a straight-6 engine and the wheels even pack tire slashers. The outside of the car is completed with chrome accenting, and LEGO’s model does a fantastic job at recreating the iconic vehicle’s overall form-factor.
The new 007-themed Aston Martin also includes a variety of new LEGO elements like printed tiles and more. While this is a set geared towards collectors, there are a few incorporated play features like the ability to flip between license plates, and my personal favorite, functioning ejector seats.
LEGO’s latest release stacks up to a more affordable $149.99 price tag compared to some of the more expensive sports car releases from earlier this year. Fans will be able to bring home the Aston Martin DB5 to add to their collections starting on August first. But for VIP members, the kit should already be on sale via LEGO’s online storefront.
Given the recent string of Technic sets hogging all the spotlight for brick-built vehicles, LEGO’s release here is sure to be warmly welcomed amongst fans. Especially those looking to expand their collections without shelling out a fortune on kits like the Bugatti Chiron. And at the $150 price range, this should definitely be a more sought after set. One thing’s for sure though, LEGO’s impressive recreation of the Aston Martin is fit for the famous spy himself.
Uncover the secrets of the Bond… James Bond Aston Martin DB5!
Experience the James Bond Aston Martin DB5 with a wealth of sophisticated details and 007 gadgetry, including rotating license plates, ejector seat, tyre scythes and front wing machine guns.
Get a license to build with the awesome LEGO® Creator Expert 10262 James Bond Aston Martin DB5.This impressive replica model captures the elegance and timeless sophistication of Agent 007’s iconic1964 sports car, and comes with a wealth of authentic details and functioning gadgetry. Open the doorsand you’ll discover a detailed interior with a concealable tracking computer and a door compartmentcontaining a telephone. And when it’s time for action, activate the passenger ejection seat, turn therotating license plates, raise the rear-window bullet shield, deploy the wheel-mounted tire slashers and pull back the stick shift to reveal the front-wing machine guns. This collectible model car also features a detailed straight-6 engine, drum lacquered silver front and rear bumpers, molded silver-colored wire wheel rim inserts and front and rear Aston Martin logos. The model has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience full of nostalgia—a must-have for fans of the Aston Martin DB5, James Bond movies and LEGO building sets.
• Authentic replica of the world-famous 1964 Aston Martin DB5 sports car, featuring a classic design with drum lacquered silver front and rear bumpers, molded silver-colored wire wheel rim inserts, opening trunk, hood and doors, and a wealth of James Bond gadgetry, including a working ejection seat, rotating license plates, rear-window bullet shield, front-wing machine guns and wheel mounted tire slashers.
• This LEGO® James Bond Aston Martin DB5 model also features opening doors and a detailed interiorwith a concealable tracking computer and door compartment with telephone.
• Lift the hood to check out the straight-6 engine detailing.
• Pull back the rear bumper to eject unwelcome passengers.
• Rotate the license plates, raise the rear-window bullet shield and deploy the wheel-mounted tyre scythes
• Pull back the stick shift to reveal the front-wing machine guns.
• Own this collectible replica of the Aston Martin DB5, as featured in the classic James Bond Goldfingermovie.
• New-for-August-2018 special elements include a drum-lacquered macaroni connector, 2×4 tile and 1m beam, plus a printed 1×2 tile with grille pattern.
• Measures over 3” (10cm) high, 13” (34cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide.
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links
Subscribe to the 9to5Toys YouTube Channel for all of the latest videos, reviews, and more!