Take your iOS app idea from concept to prototype (without a developer) and start monetizing your creativity and technical expertise. All in three months.
How, you ask? With the iOS Bootcamp from Code Coalition – an immersive online course that will take you from complete iOS beginner to a regular App Store contributor.
You don’t need any prerequisites to start taking classes, Code Coalition provides you with all videos, reading material, and assignments necessary for you to start making iOS applications.
WHY WE LOVE IT
Code Coalition believes in learning through doing, and we agree completely. That’s why we love the interactive, app-building assignments that walk you through the app-creation process – because it immediately highlights the concepts you still need to work on.
Plus, the assignments give you have something to show for all your hard work – through the course you’ll build 10 small apps and 4 full fledged apps, step-by-step.
- 250+ videos
- 120+ hours of content
- 10 building-block application assignments
- 4 full-fledged applications assignments
- A proficient knowledge of app building
- A portfolio of working apps
- Familiarity of industry best practices
- Potential internships
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Objective-C – Learn the language used to develop all native iOS and Mac apps
- Parse – A revolutionary new tool that allows iOS developers to create a server side all in Objective-C
- iOS7 and XCode 5 – Learn the latest technology platforms from Apple
- API Integration – Connect with third party APIs like Facebook, Foursquare and more
- Storyboard – Learn how to create beautiful interfaces using Apple’s graphical interface builder
- Code Data – Store data on your device with the core data database
- Git – Learn how to us Git for version control and collaboration
- Mixpanel – Integrate analytics into your apps
“This course is awesome. Having the challenging assignments, daily discussions, and feedback from the instructors has been the missing piece that I have been looking for. I have read a handful of books, watched hours of video & typed in a bunch of tutorials, and finally, having to work through tough assignments and applying what I have been learning, it is all starting to click – Finally!” – Mark S.
“Code Coalition’s discussion board is one of the best resources for a beginning iOS developer. So much help being offered” – Omar S.
- *John Nichols* – Previously the lead iOS developer at Fast Society and Cameo, he then started BitFountain in 2012. Contributing to apps appearing in TechCrunch, Mashable and the New York Times, John now oversees all projects from a technical and strategic perspective at BitFountain. Before becoming a techie, John was a student at Boston College and a researcher in Biophysics at Harvard.
- *Eliot Arntz* – A regular instructor of iOS development classes and workshops at General Assembly and guest lecturer for companies and development boot camps around NYC, he also cofounded and organizes the iOS Office Hours meet-up NYC.
- *Theodore Wyly* – Graduating from Boston College with a physics degree, Teddy’s brief stint in Silicon Valley left him enamored with tech and developing mobile applications. Since then, Teddy has worked on numerous applications in various locations, including a boutique tech company in Tokyo and is now a full-time developer at BitFountain in New York.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS & LANGUAGES
- A Mac computer is required with a Mac OS X installed (at least version 10.8).
- XCode 5.0, which you can download for free from the Apple Developer page HERE.
- All reading material will be provided. The software (XCode and Cocoa SDK) is free to download after signing up for a free apple developer account. If you want to distribute your apps on the app store, there is a paid developer account that costs $99/year.
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links
Subscribe to the 9to5Toys YouTube Channel for all of the latest videos, reviews, and more!