With Apple Watch 2 potentially just a few days away, other manufacturers are working quickly to get new products out on the market this week. We have already seen fresh releases from Fitbit and Samsung, now Fossil is introducing four new wearables. The Fossil-Q series is making its way to the United States after initially launching overseas. Leather styling and six-month battery life highlight these watches. More below.
There are four new models here: the Nate, Crewmaster, Gazer and Tailor. Each use a mix of technology and leather materials to make the kind of smartwatch you’d expect from Fossil. The brand is also integrating with a few other key players in the fitness space transferring data between apps and devices. This includes Google Fit, Under Armour and Up by Jawbone. All of these data points will transfer into Apple’s Health app, too.
Fossil skipped the heart rate monitor on its latest release, instead choosing to focus on smartphone-esque features. The watches will track your steps but also relay information and notifications from an Android device or iPhone.
The smartwatches are powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 210 processor with 4GB of internal storage. Fossil opted for a classic round display on its new Q watches, reminiscent of other Android Wear devices that we’ve seen. A built-in 360mAh battery will provide up to six-months of usage, according to the specs provided.
Prices start at $175 for the new watches, although that number varies quite a bit depending on which band and style you choose. Today’s new releases will be available for pre-order on September 14th.
More New Toy of the Day:
- Mophie’s latest Powerstation external batteries include a wireless charging option
- Sony’s new Smartwatch creation has an intriguing e-ink band but it may never see US soil
- Samsung’s new home theater bundles bring true wireless 5.1-Ch. surround sound
- Finally, Canon reveals the new 5D Mark IV DSLR with 4K video, Wi-Fi and much more
- Dyson’s new iPhone-connected fan combines heating, cooling and air purification
Fossil Adds Four New Hybrid Smartwatches to Its Fossil Q Line
RICHARDSON, Texas, Aug. 31, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — The Fossil Q line is growing with the addition of four new fashionable hybrid smartwatches. Curiously unassuming, they are more than meets the eye. The Q Nate, Q Crewmaster, Q Gazer and Q Tailor infuse technology into a traditional timepiece unlike any other. All four hybrid smartwatches can be pre-ordered at www.fossil.com/qstarting September 14 and will be available in Fossil stores and online at www.fossil.com starting September 26.
“We know our customers desire both form and function. They want to stay connected while enhancing their personal style and these new hybrid smartwatches do both,” said Jill Elliott, chief creative officer. “Our new hybrid smartwatches are the ultimate convergence of fashion and technology, bringing together the elegance and simplicity of an analog watch with the most popular alerts and tracking features offered by today’s smartwatches. We pride ourselves on being innovators in the fashion watch space, and we believe that the hybrid smartwatch is the future of fashion watches.”
Blending Analog Design with Smart Connectivity
The hybrid smartwatches look like ordinary watches, but also provide all of the functionality of a world-class tracker hidden in the sleek style of a traditional timepiece. Features include:
- Activity tracking
- Sleep monitoring
- Custom goal setting
- Automatic time zone
- Second time zone
- Filtered notifications with vibration & dial animations
- Q LINK capabilities controlled by bottom pusher
- Ring my phone
- Take a photo
- Control my music
- Up to 6-month battery life: coin cell battery, easy-change with tool or coin
- Compatible with Android™ OS 4.4+ or iPhone 5/iOS 8.2+
- Bluetooth® wireless technology
- Activity Integration including Google Fit™, UA Record™ by Under Armour, UP by Jawbone™ and Apple Health app
The new hybrid smartwatches blend analog design with smart connectivity. This wrist essential is always on and always connected with a battery life of up to six months (based on usage). Bluetooth technology allows the hybrid smartwatches to alert you to accomplished fitness goals or incoming smartphone notifications with a vibration or spinning minute and sub-eye hands. Set an alarm, view 24-hour time, compare time in multiple time zones and track everything from steps to calories to sleep. Press the bottom pusher to operate the camera or control music on your phone. You can even locate your phone using the same button.
All devices have limitless options for personalization including interchangeable straps in leather, silicone and stainless steel.
Specifically, the Fossil Q hybrid smartwatch line includes the following:
- Q Crewmaster: A brand new platform for those with the boldest style. The Fossil Q Crewmaster fits your adventurous lifestyle with a strong stainless steel and colorful build, and lets you keep track of your fitness and sleep, and it even auto-updates the time based on where you are!
- Q Nate: One of Fossil’s best-selling platforms just got smarter! The Fossil Nate’s eye-catching construction and on-the-move functionality play with an urban aesthetic. Made for weekend warriors, the Fossil Q Nate is available in a range of colors on both leather and steel straps.
- Q Gazer: Incredible smarts packed into an elegant and slim package. Designed for the girl who loves a subtle shine to stand out in the crowd, Q Gazer is the smartwatch that pulls it all together. Dressed up with crystal accents, control your music, ring your phone when you can’t find it, take a selfie, track your fitness … the Q Gazer just does it all!
- Q Tailor: The beauty is in the details with one of our most loved watches. With a minimalist design taken to the max, Tailor delivers fresh femininity with a classic steel case and luxe colored straps like navy and rich shades of browns, all while letting you keep track of how many steps you take and notifying you of only the things you care the most about.
Our new hybrid smartwatches are compatible with both Android smartphones and iPhones and start at $175.
For more information on Fossil, visit www.fossil.com or follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
Photo – http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160826/402889
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links
Subscribe to the 9to5Toys YouTube Channel for all of the latest videos, reviews, and more!